To the Members of The Consular Corps of Queensland
It is a great honour to be your Dean for the coming 12 months. On your behalf, I extend our gratitude to our former Dean, Anton Swan OAM and his Committee for the excellent work they have done under the most challenging circumstances, and we thank you. Hopefully, we can put the problems of 2020 behind us and look positively into the future.
It gives me great pleasure, to introduce our new Executive Committee, as presented during our Annual General Meeting on 20 April 2021, to you.
• Dean – Irina Bruk, Russian Honorary Consul-General in Queensland and Victoria. I have been in this role since June 2007. Before that, I was for three years the Russian Honorary Consul Designate. My background is in International Business. I am holding a Bachelor Degree in Information Technology and Library Science and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Diplomatic Protocol and Consular Affairs from the Russian Academy of Diplomacy.
• Vice-Dean – Mr Daniel Gschwind, Honorary Consul Switzerland since April 2008.
• Secretary – Prof Michael Rosemann, Honorary Consul Federal Republic of Germany since May 2016.
• Treasurer – Diana Lopes, Honorary Consul Portugal since December 2015.
• Member - Michal Horvath, Honorary Consul Slovakia since July 2008.
• Member - Peter Tobin, Honorary Consul Norway since October 1998.
Furthermore, we will have the following two sub-sommittees
• Web management - Sandra Micallef, Honorary Consul Malta since November 2016.
• Domestic Violence- Margaret Grummitt, Honorary Consul Philippines since December 2015.
Ms Irina Bruk
Dean of The Consular Corps of Queensland
8 May 2021