About 35 members of the Corps attended this briefing , and were treated to, a wonderful presentation co-hosted by DFAT and the Premier's Department on 22 March 2023. We even had several of our interstate members fly in for the occasion.
We were grateful to receive briefings from:
- Ms O'Rourke, Queensland State Director of DFAT
- Ms Morgan PSM, Associate Director-General from the Premier's Department
- Ms Innes, Assistant Commissioner of Queensland Police Service
- Dr Gerrard, Chief Health Officer
- Ms Greenfield, Deputy Commissioner of Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
- Ms Parton, Acting Director General of the Department of Seniors, Disability Services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships.
From a safety perspective, we learnt that there are ongoing issues confronting the police, new diseases challenging the healthcare system and many new types of fire threatening our homes. On a more positive note, it was great to hear the developments on treaties with the First Nations people and the progress towards the Olympics.